Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I ❤ Rugelach!

I'm a Catholic girl who worked in a Jewish Deli for 10 years. I made latkes, blintzes, matzo balls, and kugels. I built up my arms packing buckets of sauerkraut, pickling barrels of cucumbers, and slinging briskets of corned beef and pastrami. I toasted and schmeared bagels, sliced the lox, baked the bobka, and scrambled the matzo brei. Day in and day out it was all about Food. Food. Food. Food. Day in, and day out. I loved it. Especially the Rugelach.
I worked tirelessly to perfect my Rugelach recipe. Tender and flaky. Rich and fluffy, with a beautiful golden crust. Oh, the miracle that is Cream Cheese, Butter, and Flour. I made tray after tray of the Apricot, Raspberry, Chocolate, and Cinnamon confections (best eaten 5 min. out of the oven). I love that smell. I love to eat them more.
Now I'm making my own varieties. A little unorthodx, but a lot delicious!

Mission Fig & Goat Cheese Rugelach with Hazelnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment