Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happiness is...Egg on Your Pizza

Have I ever told you, I LOVE EGGS?  Well, I do.  I could eat them at every meal. Seriously.  Fried, poached, scrambled, hard-boiled, deviled, any way I love them.

So, when I was told that the Special Pizza, at Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria, was topped with fresh Ricotta Cheese, Rosemary Ham, and EGGS, there was Now Way I was NOT ordering that!

Okay, Tutta Bella already makes some of the Best Damn Pizza I've ever had the pleasure of eating.  They cook their pizzas in a wood-fired stone oven that makes the thin crust super crispy with hints of aromatic charred goodness.

There is no pepperoni here.  No pineapple, no Canadian bacon, no shredded cheese blend.  They only use certified organic San Marzano tomatoes and carefully selected fresh cheeses and herbs and wonderful cured meats and sausages.  You can taste the care in each pizza.  I've never had a bad one yet.

Oh yeah!  This was just as good as I wanted it to be.  The crust was super thin and crispy.  I like that you can actually taste salt in their crust (so many places fail by falling flat on crust flavor).  The fresh ricotta cheese added a creamy sweetness that was contrasted by the salty herby rosemary ham.  And the rich ness of the perfectly cooked yolky egg took the whole thing to a stellar new level.

We were very nearly licking the platter as they were prying it out of our hands at the end of the meal.  It was that good!

Tutta bella also makes delicious salads.  We ordered the Insalata Mista which was comprised of super fresh mixed field greens, white beans, kalamata olives, and fire roasted red peppers all tossed in a light balsamic vinegrette with lots of freshly ground pepper.  Very refreshing against the richness of our egg topped pizza.

Next time I come back I'm getting the Pizza Insalata, where they put any one of their salads on the pizza...yum.

www.tuttabellapizza.com




No comments:

Post a Comment