Tuesday, March 2, 2010

For Pete's Sake

     For Pete's Sake is an okay little movie. Not really good but not bad either.  It's the kind of thing you put on while you are busy cooking on a Sunday afternoon.
     It's not one of Barbara Streisand's best films, but it's a quirky little farce about a young wife who'll do anything to finance her husband's dreams.  Some of the plot twists are cute but others are just completely ridiculous (cattle rustlers???) I enjoyed the supporting cast of character actors, including Estelle Parsons who was the crazy Beverly Harris on ROSANNE.  Truthfully, I could take or leave this movie...Eh'h.
     The real reason I recommend this film is the clothes, I would watch it over and over to see the clothes.  Barbara's smart but casual outfits are adorable!  Oh, her nightgowns alone! I die!  And the apartment!!! Gorgeous!!!  I kept replaying the scene in the bathroom because the bathtub is so wonderful (with the mirror and the tile...).  And her haircut!!! So cute and flattering!  This is a very well dressed film...

No comments:

Post a Comment