Monday, March 15, 2010

Happiness is...A Good Hamburger

     I had lunch, for the second time, at The Counter, in Ballard. I really enjoy the atmosphere,
it's causal, bright, comfy yet sleek and modern.  The service has been good both times I've been there. You can get a strong cocktail (I really enjoyed sitting at the bar this time around), and they do make a good burger that's 100% natural, vegetarian fed, hormone and antibiotic free Angus Beef.

     Though I am usually a burger purist, this time I opted for a 1/3 lb. hand-formed Veggie Burger (but you can also get a traditional beef hamburger, a turkey burger, or a chicken breast in 1/3, 2/3, and 1 lb. sizes).  I got my burger topped with with Feta Cheese, Tzatziki Sauce, Roasted Red Peppers, Red Onions, Lettuce Mix and Alfalfa Sprouts on a Whole Grain Bun.  The Veggie Patty itself was delicious, it was full of fresh sweet roasted corn, which I really liked, and it had a great sear on it which is hard to find in a veggie burger, and all the veggies were fresh and crisp.  I like that you can pick the toppings to suit your  mood, but they also have their own Signature Burgers if you can't make up your mind.

     We also got a 50/50 side of Fries/Sweet Potato Fries which were really good, and big enough for 2-3 people to share.  The Sweet Potato Fries were cut thicker than I usually find them, I'm not a fan of the matchstick cut, so I really enjoyed them, and the spicy dipping sauce was a good compliment to the sweet fries.  The regular fries were good too and not to be slighted.

     I highly recommend The Counter if you are in the Ballard Blocks area and are craving a reasonably priced burger with full service and a bar.  Those are all the things I deem necessary to make me happy.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment