Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happines is...Taco Taco

I have driven past Burrito Loco, in the North Ballard area of Seattle, for years and years and had never even given a thought to stopping in to eat.  I always assumed it was a local Americanized, fast-food, foil-wrapped burrito sort of place (since it is attached to a gas station in a mini version of a strip-mall).  I was surprised to find out that it is actually a real Mexican restaurant with Tacos, exactly what I was looking for.

The inside of the restaurant was a pleasant surprise, it was clean, bright, and colorful with cute wooden tables and clunky, yet comfortable, chairs.  Our waitress was very friendly and seated us promptly, no standing at the counter to order here.  We were given hot, freshly made tortilla chips (a huge plus in my book) with two types of tasty salsa (red and green) to snack on while we waited for our order.

I am always searching for the perfect tacos and my chicken tacos were just what I wanted!  The chicken was plentiful, moist,  and seasoned perfectly.  The tacos had lots of fresh tomato, onion, and cilantro all on a bed of Spanish rice (just like my grandma and my mom used to make) wrapped up in a double layer of thick corn tortillas (the way they should be).  No shredded cheese or pesky lettuce filler, just a lot of meat and the right amount of the right fresh veggies.  I could not have been happier.  I ❤ Tacos!

**Next time I am getting the Lengua Tacos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment