Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happiness is...Beautiful Tulips

Everywhere I look Spring is in bloom!  The Lilacs are sweetly perfuming the air.  The Lavender is heavy under the weight of busy bumblebees.  Daffodils and Irises dance peacefully in the warm spring breeze.  Happy Dandelions are popping brightly up out of the grass (a weed, yes, but such a cute one).  Fluffy pink and white blossoms fill every Cherry, Apple, and Plum tree.  But most of all, there are Tulips...Everywhere.  And I can't get enough.


The Farmers Markets are just bursting with fresh Tulips.
This is my favorite time of year.


There are so many varieties and colors and shapes.
Every booth has something new to share, something special.


I really can spend an entire afternoon walking around enjoying the colors.
I spend hours trying to pick my favorites.


I love these Lily-flowered Tulips.  
When you look at them straight on they look like a six-poined star.


Gorgeous! These beautiful French Tulips are so elegant.
I want vases of them in every room of my house.


These Fringed Tulips make me giddy with joy!
How I would love to take a bunch of these home.


Everywhere you look, Tulips, in every nook and cranny.
Wrapped in crisp white paper, ready to be taken home.


Gardens and sidewalks are also bursting with colorful blooms!
Beautiful Tulips, absolutely my favorite flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment