Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happiness is...Grandma's Pie

I had no idea that my Grandma Jeanette made pie!  The crust, the filling, the whole shabang.

It blows my mind because these delicious desserts are coming from the woman I have not seen eat more than a handful of peanuts and a few corn chips with cottage cheese in the last 30 years...the woman eats like a Bird!

But her pies...are like Heaven!  Tender flakey crust (all butter) and delicious fillings.  I was lucky enough to be there when she made three different varieties...and I doubt she tried a single one, but I tried them all...

Come on...who doesn't like a blackberry pie?
Not too sweet a perfect filling (not a drop of juice).

Pecan Pie is one of my favorites.
She makes hers the right way with lots and lots of chopped pecans
and whole pecan on top for lots of nutty flavor.

The Chocolate Pie was everybody's favorite!
Super smooth, rich, and chocolaty with a delicious layer of
pudding skin on top...mmmmm pudding skin.

I hear her best is a Pineapple Pie.  Doesn't that sound good?  I've never heard of pineapple pie before and I guess I'll have to make another trip to California to see what that is all about, since I wasn't there long enough for her to get around to making that one.  Keep up the good work Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment