Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happiness is...Cooking and Eating with Your Family.

When the family gets together there is always a lot of cooking, and eating, going on.  It's how we roll.

Cooking, eating, drinking, talking, and having a really good time.   While cooking and eating we share stories from the day and life.  We come together to laugh and pray.  We try new things together, savor our old favorites together and plan what to have when we get together next time.  We challenge each other and create together.  It is all so wonderful and comfortable and delicious.

There were a lot of Birthdays and occasions on my latest visit with my family, so we did a lot of cooking:


My Aunt Dorothy's German Chocolate Cake...
She made it for my Grandma Jo's ##th Birthday.


My Aunt Dorothy makes really good cake...and not boxed cake either.
She made this Pineapple Upsidedown Cake (my Mother's favorite) for
the girls, on Bunco Night!  She should have made 2!!!


There is nothing better than when Grandpa Mal makes us Portuguese Breakfast.
We all look forward to it every time we visit.
Linguisa, eggs, crispy potatoes...m'm m'm.


Cheesy Potato Casserole...
It was as good as it looks.  Thanks again Aunt Dorothy.


My Cousin Charlene and her husband, Ross, made the most amazing Fudge.
My friend Michelle was still talking about it two days later...

Charlene & Ross also made some delicious Quiches that were devoured so quickly I didn't get a photo.  You gotta' be quick in this family.

I made some Chicken Noodle soup, as a birthday present for my Grandma Jo, and a big pot of Minestrone for pizza and game night.

We cooked and ate, did it again the next night, came together again for leftovers, and did it as a Family.  Good Food, Good Times...

No comments:

Post a Comment