Friday, April 2, 2010

Happiness is...Easter Candy

I'm really a potato chip girl, but I like Easter Candy, as with most candies, mainly for the pretty colors and the foil wrappers.  I like to fill jars with pretty candy and put them on tables to look at and I like to fill pretty cello bags with  brightly colored beans, tied up with pretty ribbon, to give as gifts to friends.  I don't actually eat all that much candy.  I still have a box of See's Coffee Toffee from last Easter, half a bag of Carmel Apple Pops left over from Halloween, 2 boxes of Harry & David chocolates I got for Christmas, and a huge tin filled with miscellaneous candies I pick up because I think they are pretty and fun.  I really just like to look at candy...it makes me Happy.

However, Easter Candy is my favorite candy to actually eat.  Here are my pretty favorites:

Cadbury Mini Eggs are THE BEST Easter Candy there is!  But as they are only available at Easter, they are also the hardest to find.  I had to visit 5 stores before I actually found a bag, because they were already sold out for this year.  They also make the mini eggs in a dark chocolate variety that I really like, but they are even harder to get your hands on. 

What is it that makes The Cadbury Mini Eggs so good?  First of all it's the speckled, matte, candy coating that gives the mini eggs it's unusual mouth-feel.  Like licking sweet chalk. Then it is the smooth melting Cadbury chocolate, though very sweet it's the texture of the smooth chocolate and the crispy chalky shell that is so good.  Luv, Luv Luv...


Reese's pieces Pastel Eggs are another one of my Easter favorites.  I have loved Reese's pieces ever since I saw E.T. : The Extra Teresterial, as a child.  I love the ultrasmooth crisp candy shell and I am also a lover of everything peanut butter. 


Not only are these candies beautifully colored and egg shaped, the smooth shell is extra thick, lending itself to a pretty spectacular crunch, and they are 4 times as large as the regular Reese's pieces.  There is so much sweet and salty Peanut Butter goodness inside! 


I am not a big fan of the Cadbury Egg.  They are way too sweet and way too messy for my liking.  The mini Cadbury Creme Eggs are more my style, and I adore the way they are packaged by the dozen in a mini egg crate.  Plus I am always a sucker for candy wrapped in pretty colored foil.


These little milk chocolate eggs are the perfect size for unwrapping and popping in the mouth.  Though they are very sweet, you only have one bite to deal with and unlike the regular size egg you aren't left with 2 bad options:  #1 getting sick by eating the entire thing or #2 creating a huge mess by trying to save the goopy sticky leftovers.
My favorite thing about these sweet eggs, again unlike their larger relatives, is that when you cut into them they actually look like a real egg.  How happy is that?!

Another close relation of the Cadbury Creme Egg is the decadent Cadbury Carmel Egg.  Gloriously wrapped in gold foil and again packaged buy the dozen in a tiny plastic egg crate.  I love the way these candies look all packaged up and shiney.  Evidentlly I just really like egg shaped candy.


These are by far my favorite carmel filled chocolate.  I really like how well the smooth Cadbury chocolate shell melds with the salty and  florally carmel that is inside (the vanilla is very pronounced).  Again it is the perfect size to be a one bite delight and not a messy disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment